Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Barry M Gold Foil Effect...


So Ive always had a thing for navy, but lately I've had this thing about wearing navy and having gold nails (don't ask!) So when I had seen that Barry M released yet another nail effect I thought I would give it a go. Not being a fan of your standard gold polish , this looked right up my street as the shade was less over powering as well as being semi matte.

They claim that this polish gives a foil like effect. I have been staring at my nails since I had applied this and my scientific conclusion is hmmmm it kinda does...... its like the non shiny side of tin foil but gold.

Its really hard to capture on camera as the flash shows up its gold flecks but in reality you cant see that at all. Its the perfect gold for my random skin tone, all I need now is a few rings on each hand and a navy outfit then I'll be good to go.

I picked this up in Superdrug, I cant remember the exact price but the Barry M site (HERE) will give you all the info you need.

Are any of you guys loving gold nails at the moment?

p.s If any of you wish to vote for me to win in the Cosmo awards under established beauty blogger, just click the massive link on the right, there's still time and a big thanks to those who have already voted

23 comments:

  1. Saw this today and was debating whether to get it or not but now that I've seen how it looks on I think I will! Thanks for sharing! :-) x

    www.jessicabeautician.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo this looks lovely, I didnt know barry M had this!

    Joselin
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great colour combo. I love the gold. Now if only i could get gold leaf eyeshaddow

    Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i love the look of this and had no clue barry m sold this xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course i love gold nails! Does any girl hate this colour?
    I`ve been always my favourite..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove this nail polish so much.. I might buy it!

    Good Wear Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this can't wait to get my hands on it !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got it and love it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice color! have to try it, thank you!
    sayuri

    beautyholic-sayuri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks so nice :) I never have been fan of the gold nail polish, however this looks seriously nice ;) xxx
    http://emilys-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a good job capturing it on camera. The color is very rustic and unique. Looks great.

    www.geekettegazette.com
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats to winning too :) i'm a blog boudoir blogger too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww it looks pretty! i've only tried the barrym crackle effect nail polish so far and that's great! :) xoxo

    http://justtiffeny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This colour is perfect. I need a gold one in my life and I think you may have just shown me the light x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this in the silver and purple, both really excellent quality. I found I only needed 1 coat and it lasted all week (I do always use Kensington Caviar top coat). How did you find the lasting power?

    http://makeupgreed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. did you put another colour underneath first?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh!! Saw that in the shop the other day and wasn't sure what it would turn out like!! Defo think I'm gonna have to get it now. Looks fab!!

    jennifer-susan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm, the gold seems to work a lot better than the silver!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i got the whole gold nailvarnish colour idea off a video wiz khalifa- roll up
    i really like this colour so im defo going to go for it as a beach look:D
    im going to team it up with a long gold ring and gold accessories:D cant wait :)<3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...